Monday, June 25, 2012

Finding Tracy

Snuggled deep within my comforter, I could feel the warmth of the morning sun lightly touching my face urging me to awake and embrace it’s lovely light. It’s honey tone hues were bouncing magically throughout my bedroom casting an ethereal glow all around me and I finally succumbed to its beckoning.

My better half had long since left for his Saturday shift at work, and my little pooch was sitting idly by the bed thumping his happy tail waiting for the moment his lazy mother would emerge to give him that much needed love that he craved each and every morning.

With a pitter patter of my feet on the cold hardwood floors, I wandered my way down to the living room and threw open the blinds to embrace the morning light. There in all its glory was life, simple and ample in my garden. From insects on their daily breakfast quest, to dragonflies swooping in and out of my bird bath, to hummingbirds diving at each other in a power struggle over the abundance of nectar that oozed from every corner of my flower filled yard.

I felt a peaceful solitude awash over me and in my never ending craziness of romanticizing every moment of my life, I slipped a pair of shoes on and wandered out amongst my garden and stood beneath the vibrancy of my purple locust trees and closed my eyes.

With my senses heightened, I let nature take over and for a mere moment, I felt the faint vibration and reverberation of a hummingbird’s wing not far from my face, I inhaled the sweet scent of the very last of my honeysuckle as it filled my senses with an inexplicable nostalgia whilst the perfumed cool air of the lingering lavender made me yawn uncontrollably out loud for all ears to hear.

I slowly opened my eyes and absorbed the beautiful brilliancy surrounding me, kicked off my shoes and sunk my feet into the cold wet earth and walked across the dew ridden grass and let out a long deep sigh. As I looked up into the vast blueness of the mid morning sky, I knew at that moment I was finally experiencing joy within my happiness. And for the first time in many many years, I realized that I had finally found Tracy.

Until Next Time.

Tracy

10 comments:

  1. I love this. I just wrote a similar post (though not as good) called Friday morning, on um... Friday morning. Yeah, my titles need work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical moment for you. A Zen moment. We should all be lucky enough to experience this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could almost picture you in your garden as I read this. I'm really jealous of your garden, it sounds so blissfully alive, peaceful and multi colored. Nothing like my tumble weed and yucca filled dirt yard. You're so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I am going to print it off and put it on my inspiration wall xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Tracy. Where have you been your whole life???
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so magical and beautiful. Loved reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something about finding oneself in a garden that is truly uplifting, energizing and romantic all wrapped together to make the perfect moment.

    The visual you created was truly delightful.

    With smiles, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!