Tuesday, September 7, 2010

METAMORPHOSIS

Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better. ~ King Whitney Jr.

And so...... I have changed the look of my blog, and hopefully I have not confused you in the process.

There are days I just crave change and I feel unable to do so in many aspects of my life, but on my blog, I am free, so free to do and say and be what I want to be. And so I do.

Today I was pondering freedom and wondering where I would be if the ties of responsibility did not hold me so strongly, and the amazing thing is, I would be exactly where I am now in my tiny lovely little home, with my wonderful better half, with my sweet little pooch surrounded by so many lovely people, with my family close to me and my heart. And I realized today, it has never been responsibility that has held me here, it has been by choice. Amazing, fearless choices that have brought me to this place and I love where I am. Of course, I would be a little happier if my house and bank account were bigger and there were no neighbours right behind me, and I didn't have to work for a living, and I had extra houses in Italy and France and I had a rockin tight body, and I was pain free. What? Oh don't mind me, I am just wishing for a little fine tuning... that's all... Oh yah, if I owned a pickle factory too boot or an endless free supply of pickles... Perhaps, I should stop now... LOL

I wonder, where would you be if your wings were allowed to fly with no retribution of the choices you made?

Until Next Time.
Smooches Pooches

9 comments:

  1. I like your new change to your blog
    we all need some fine tuning once in a while
    just keep writing and we will be happy

    :)L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, like the change too, looks like fancy wall paper, like the kind you would have in your houses in Italy and France. I really liked your post too, I often think about that, since I made a radical change years back. To be honest, I don't know where I would be or if I would be happy being anywhere else, having a different life. One thing for sure, I would not be the same person, and i wouldn't like that.

    Keep writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post so much Tracy! It actually kinda took my breath away as I read. Happened to have Bonnie Raitt playing on the earbuds as I read... so now I'm feeling SO moved. And your question is reverberating in my head... I don't know the answer, but now I shall fearlessly explore the question ... and I thank you for it from the bottom of my heart. BEAUTIFUL post girl... You're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 114 and counting hurray Tracy.
    I kind of liked all the pretty purple, but hey it's your blog, your space, your metamorphous. I'm all about change, so I change my drapes 4 times a year or more lol.
    As for where I would be? Well I could see myself filthy rich with hundreds of pretty pink shoes, cupcakes surrounding me, always a couple girlfriends to talk to, all of the time... and oh more pooches, yes more pooches. WAIT one minute, I'm looking around here. i'm comfy, can't put my one big ass toe in those pink shoes I do own, and if I was surrounded by cupcakes I would weigh 250 lbs or more, so I will say I'm content right here right now.
    How's that?
    I'm glad your in a happy space. Let's stay there and enjoy the ride.
    Love Claudie
    xoxoxox
    Wait one more thing, I know exactly where I would be at 54 years old. Still dancing on HULLABALOO in that cage, yes that's where I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if I had made one crucial choice, my life would be different--if I had stayed working for a hospital, and not left it to work in a bookstore, surrounded by books, I would not have probably ever met my Bud. Only because I worked where I was, did I meet a fellow co-worker who said "I know the perfect man for you." I cannot imagine life without him, so whatever led me here is ok. Yes--I would love some changes in my life, but would they have changed this crucial part of my life? I don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I still think I'd like to have a farm in the middle of nowhere, but things are pretty good all the same. Pretty page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the changes I would make if I could go back...but we must not regret, just learn and go on! I wouldn't mind having a bit more money and a bit more courage:)
    Lovely post...I'll have to think about this one!
    I do like your blog now, very pretty and very calming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post...got us all thinking thats for sure,glad I found your unique blog!! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very warm welcome to you my newest follower !
    Exciting is n't it .... all those wonderful blogfriends . Inspiring too .
    Have a happy week !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!