Monday, July 5, 2010

THE FORTY FATIGUE SYNDROME


I am pooped people!  Literally, falling over backwards into a pile of fresh out of the dryer duvets Poopedness... Somewhere between 39 and 42 I developed this love of sleeping. I feel strangely worn down and I can’t wait for slumber time.  What’s more pathetic is that I get excited if I wake up in the middle of the night and see that I still have 3 hours before the alarm goes off.  And when that alarm does goes off, I still catch a couple of “zzzz’s” on the toilet and then again in the shower.  I just close my eyes and pass out.  The fact that I haven’t fallen head first into the wall or drowned in the shower is amazing to me!

Somewhere, somehow I went from being Snow White to her dwarf Sleepy!  And if I don’t get enough sleep, well you might as well label me Dopey too!

Life has become so fast paced that I often feel like I am on a merry-go-round that keeps spinning at an alarming rate.

At work, it's just a series of faxes, emails and letters, oh my!  Faxes, Emails and Letters, Oh My!  FAXES, LETTER AND EMAILS, OH MY!  And I am starting to feel like I am Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz walking thru the enchanted forest, but my forest is a series of continual communication and a never ending workload of paper, people, demands and pressures.  And I stand there with my trusty, sturdy Clarks slip ons and I click my heels together three times and say “I just wanna be rich, I just wanna be rich, I just wanna be rich” and then I open my eyes, and I am still there buried beneath a pile of refuge! And what’s worse is that I go home, and it is clean the house, pay the bills, play with the dog, water the yard, make dinner, do laundry, go to bed and repeat. There is just no ending to it and by the time the day is over, I am so exhausted, I can barely get my large junk in the trunk into that bed!

There are days that I think I could sleep a 1000 years.  And just last weekend, I had such a weird Sunday.  I had gotten out of bed, had a shower and breakfast, and then rolled back into bed where I promptly passed out and didn’t bat an eye until 3:00 p.m. and that is only because my bladder was telling me to get up.  I never do that, mostly because my back won’t let me lay on it that long, but also because I absolutely love being out in the day.  And this past weekend, Sunday rolled around again, and I was hard pressed in getting myself mobile!  Half the day was over before I was even dressed.

I hate wasting precious minutes of life and time is moving faster as I get older and it is freaking me out.

Ironically, I am tired of being tired.  I am always preached to in one form or another: drink more water, not enough oxygen to your brain, exercise, exercise, exercise.  I love all these forms of advice.  Especially the exercise motto.  Seriously, how can I exercise if I am to bloody tired too?

As it is, I just keep chugging along in my everyday life and wishing that someone would cram some Energizer batteries up my ass so that I can keep going and going and going.

In the meantime, if you happen to see a girl leaning against a shelf in the grocery aisle with her eyes closed, would you mind giving her a nudge, be gentle though, she’s utterly pooped!

Until Next Time.
Smooches Pooches

2 comments:

  1. You're so not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...I'm also living this life, except I'm even too tired to be allowed to work. My doctor laughs at me as I sit half asleep in his office when I ask. There has to be some kind of solution. A quote I read the other day -'Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.' When I have the energy, I'll try. Chugging is such a dreary word, but chugging is what we do.

    I hope you are able to enjoy your garden for a bit today, even working in the garden is relaxing for me. It's way too hot here to even go outside..that makes me sick, too.
    Thanks for everything, I'll email later.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!