Sunday, July 18, 2010

LOOKING FOR MY HEART'S DESIRE

I am in love with architecture and if it is juxtaposed with flowers all the better. I have this misguided notion that because I live in a young country, so to speak, that we are missing the old architecture that leads to the charm of a town or a city, like those of Italy and France per se. Like I said, I WAS misguided and I now know better. Sometimes it is a good thing to challenge yourself and broaden your horizons and I did so today by opening my eyes as wide as I possibly could to take a good long look beyond the lack of history and to actually see what was there springing to life in front of me.  And you know what, I was pleasantly surprised. And at the end of the day, what I discovered was that where I live is like the beginning of a new garden, young, fresh, healthy and pristine and before the weeds have overtaken it's beauty and it really is simply amazing. And although I still have the desire to go back to Europe to stand and stare longingly at old buildings and their charming Juliet balconies with their ever hanging ruby red geraniums, that feeling is no longer as strong as it use to be, because as Frank Baum once wrote in The Wizard of Oz:  "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard.  Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with."







































Happy Sunday to you all!

Until Next Time.
Smooches Pooches


6 comments:

  1. You live in a beautiful area! I enjoyed each picture with all the beautiful flowers and the architectural elements around the flowers.
    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hanging planters. The blooms are so colorful! Thank you so much for the prayers for my friend and her family...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, such pretty flowers everywhere! Looks like you live in a very nice area-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those hanging flower pots. They are so colorful and overflowing with blooms. Just Beautiful!! Thanks for posting those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics ~ I love the last two!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!