Sunday, October 10, 2010

GIVING THANKS

Sometimes, it is important, for me, to stop and give thanks for those things that have affected my life in the past year.  Being that I am Canadian, this weekend is Thanksgiving and I thought it would be most appropriate to express my gratitude today:







And I am incredibly thankful for the following:

  • That I do not have Lupus after all;
  • For all the wonderful amazing people who stuck thru with me during the 7 months of testing with their kind words, thoughtfulness and supportiveness;
  • My little pooch, who makes me smile every day of my life;
  • My mother who makes me giggle constantly and is by all accounts the very best of friends one girl could have;
  • My better half who holds my hand, strokes my hair and loves me for all my imperfection;
  • Having a good job in such a rough economy;
  • Bubble baths and good books;
  • Summer evenings of dancing under the stars with my Ipod blasted;
  • Long drives down winding roads;
  • The sounds and smells of the ocean;
  • Blue skies and lyrical little birds;
  • This amazing ever changing art canvass that we get to live on;
  • Life as I know it;
  • Love as I feel it; and
  • You!
  • Ah Yes, Most Definitely You....
Thank you for being a part of my life!

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian Co-harts wherever you may reside!

This weekend I am linking up to Seasonal Sundays and thank the The Tablescaper for hosting same.

Until Next Time.
Smooches Pooches


22 comments:

  1. I studied in Québec for a semester, 10 years ago and I remember thanksgiving! It was such a lovely holiday!
    I keep a gratitude notebook in my desk and every morning, before starting the daily activities, I read what I wrote and I write 5 new things I am thankful for that day. It is a constant reminder of all the blessings I have in my life and it sets me on a better mood, whatever may have happened before that moment. It is so important to be thankful for what one has and to truly appreciate it all!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful segmant ~ the pictures are gorgeous but your talent for adhereing the perfect words of gratitude is where the true beauty lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you to my fellow Canadian! Oh how we unite!

    For us turkey dinner is today! I'm so excited...this means I get to cheat on the weight loss thing and today equals the two fruit pies I made for this dinner!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving..I always love your photos..That's a nice gratitude list~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving...to you! And I am thankful to know you.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How right you are about all that we have to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing your gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, my Canadian friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos, must really see Canada one of these days. Being American and all, I am slightly ignorant about everybody else's Thanksgiving, is it the same as in the lower 48?

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy thanksgiving to you, love that you are so grateful for so much~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that wreath! I love how fall already gets people thinking of family, traditions, holidays, gratitude - the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list Tracy, Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes for a wonderful week!!

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Happy Thanksgiving to you, my awesome new friend. I am thankful that I have you to make me 'LOL' every day!

    ~Misti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry so late leaving a comment...planting today. I checked out Seasonal Sundays and that's pretty neat. Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving. Love, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Sunday! We gave your some blog awards. Make sure to check them out.

    http://sadlyleggingsarenotpants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving! One thing I am thankful for is that our Thanksgiving is still more than 40 days away -- I still have so much to DO before then!
    Happy turkey and pie!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your list of things to be thankful for would be much like my own. Congratulations on not having lupus.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving. What a welcoming door, along with a festive table and decor. Feel like I should find my chair to join (or do I sit at the kid's table?!) I spy your little pooch going for a walk with your "better half!" (after a bountiful meal I imagine.) It is a time to give thanks and we have so much. I was touched by your "Thankful List" as it comes from a grateful heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm thankful too ... just getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. (Belated) Happy Thanksgiving! Your home looks so lovely and inviting. I am already preparing for ours. I think I have 33 coming this year. It takes an awful lot out of me, but I love it and can't imagine giving it up.

    I love the wreath! Seeing it on your door (which is absolutely gorgeous, BTW) gives me some ideas for my own this year. (hope you don't mind if I steal an idea or two! LOL)

    Peace and Blessings,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh...such a wonderfull post. We all have so much to be thankful for. It's important to take the time to reflect on our blessings. It does sound like you've had a rough year.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Sorry I'm so late getting around to everyone, but it was a VERY busy weekend.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!