Saturday, October 16, 2010

OUT AND ABOUT

Often, I giggle about my little redneck town.  I jokingly tell people that it's a place where cousins marry cousins and everyone has a third nipple or one eyeball in the middle of their forehead... But in all seriousness, there are days where parts of it take my breath away.  Here's a little tour of our lovely city square:


From moments at the sweet little boutique carrying imported cosmetics



To stopping by on a Saturday for the local farmers market



Or perhaps a stroll thru the vintage store for great finds



And if your feet are tired, maybe a moment of 
pampering at the spa



What times does that say?
I still have some more time to shop! Yahoo!



But if my time is running out,
perhaps I could hang out the window
and watch the comings and goings of 
downtown life



But if not, I will head into
one of my favourite clothing stores



Followed by a leisurely stroll
thru the french inspired boutique



And since I was downtown too long,
I will make sure I swing by and pay
my parking ticket at City Hall!



All in all, not too bad of a day today!
How was yours?

I hope your weekend brings you
wonderful surprises and great finds!

This weekend I am linking up with
for hosting same.


Until Next Time.
Smooches Pooches




18 comments:

  1. What a lovely town! Absolutely wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great town - thanks for sharing!

    SD
    http://simpledudecomplexworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely town! I really do live in a redneck town, I'll take pictures of the various 'stores' we have one day. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice peek into your small town. Very picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a lovely little town, you are lucky to have all those shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun little town, I love farmer's markets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shops and architecture!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tour! It looks like a very charming little town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tour of your town. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a sweet little town. Your pictures are great. Thanks for giving us all a tour! ~ Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful little town. How lucky for you to live there!

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love little downtowns like that. What an enchanting place.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must live in the south somewhere judging from the green leaves on the tres ;) What a beautiful place. I love the store fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your town! It reminds me of the town in that tv series with Angela Lansbury.Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks totally cute.. when I hear redneck I imagined I would see 4x4 trucks parked on the lawn on top of flower beds and big diesel tanks next to houses... lol...

    your little community looks like the perfect place to sit at a little coffee shop and visit with girlfriends!!
    j

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love coming to your hick town and wandering the streets at christmas time!! And my friend Shannon who is from there, only has 2 nipples! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!