Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRET....

By now you have figured out my dark and dirty little secret....... why yes, I love to shop!  Shop, shop, shop, just the mere mention of the word and I go into a whirlwind of tizzy whizzy happiness.  I can’t help myself you know, I’m addicted! 

In my 20's, my addiction lead me down a very bad financial path.  Now, now, it wasn’t like I was bankrupt.  Quite the opposite in fact, I have a credit rating so high that I just have to smile at  financial institutions and they willingly chuck money at me.  Nope, it was more like I didn’t have a penny extra in case of emergencies and you could say that my priorities were a little twisted, okay a lot twisted. But in my defence, I have to say: come on I was in my 20's, single, free and ever so slightly misguided.

I use to spend my time trying to decide what was more important:  toilet paper or that new scarf.  Of course, my decision was that I would have to develop some very strong bladder control and figure out a marked course to all the public washrooms close to my apartment!  It was, in my opinion, a small sacrifice considering how great that scarf was and ohhhhh look how well it went with my new coat!

These days, when it comes to my immediate retail therapy needs, my choice of poison is jewelry and purses and watch out to anyone who gets in my way.  Although I am not proud to admit it, I have unfortunately wrestled a woman over a purse before.  Of course, I won and she was lucky enough to walk away with only a few minor abrasions.  I maybe short you know but I have no problem opening a can of wup ass now and then!       

I don’t know what it is about shopping.  I suppose it is the female version of the thrill of the hunt.  Looking for that elusive item so that when you put it on, all your friends ooohh and ahhhh and gaze green with envy at it.  It’s a woman thing.  I hate to be so stereotypical but I have yet to meet a man who has felt the same way as me.  It’s like being on the greatest roller coaster of your life, you go up and up and up and as you buy it, you get those amazing butterflies, and then woooosshhhhh, you of course plunge downwards, and the rush is gone, but if you are lucky, you will still be sporting the afterglow.

I have to say that as I have gotten older I have changed my priorities ever so slightly.  I do pay for all the “necessities” first and then give myself an allowance to go crazy with.  The funny thing is that my necessities don’t seem to always coincide with my better half’s version of necessities and I can easily blow my allowance in one day.

I often fear that I will come home one day and see all my family sitting around in our living room with some stranger sitting in a chair who stands up and says “welcome to your intervention”, and then I am dragged out against my will to places like Wal-Mart and shown how to bargain shop.  Good gawd that freaks me out just thinking about it!

In the meantime, i’ll let you in on a little secret.... I actually don’t believe in that saying “you can’t take it with you” because when I finally kick the can and they go to roast me on that big marshmellow, weinee pit, you can bet your bottom that I will be covered from head to toe in pendants and purses.  Got to be stylin when I hit those pearly gates!

Until Next Time.
Smooches Pooches

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from ya! Thanks for stopping by!